Rector’s Announcement on the extension of the suspension of teaching activity, 23.03.2020
Due to the decision of Jaroslaw Gowin, Deputy Prime Minister of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, the Rector prof. Dr hab. Robert W. Ciborowski has extended the suspension of didactic activities at the University of Bialystok until 10.04.2020. Decision does not include suspension of the any other activities of the University, such as research, administration, and organization activities.
Rector’s Announcement on the coronavirus situation, 19.03.2020
We would like to inform you that due to the situation caused by the spread of coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, the Rector of the University of Białystok, prof. dr hab. Robert W. Ciborowski has decided to suspend all foreign trips of students and employees of the UwB until further notice.
In addition, the authorities of the UwB also recommend prudence when deciding on the admission of foreign guests (i. e. students, trainees, scientists, administrative staff) at the University of Bialystok.
The above position results from the latest recommendations of the Main Sanitary Inspectorate.
Moreover, the Rector of the University of Bialystok recommends that employees, doctoral students, and students of the University of Bialystok resign from domestic trips.
At the same time, we would like to inform you that the didactic classes at the University of Białystok are suspended until April 10, 2020.
Rector’s Announcement on rules of functioning of the University of Bialystok, 16.03.2020
In connection with the introduction of the state of epidemic in Poland on March 13, 2020, I establish the following rules of activity of the University of Bialystok:
1) administration units do not come in contact with any third parties. In exceptional cases, the head of the administration unit may agree to receive the interested party, subject to the rules laid down by the Main Sanitary Inspector.
2) All cases should be handled by e-mail. Email addresses to individual central administration units and employees are available on the website: uwb.edu.pl in the structure tab or through the contact search.
3) Employees of the administration units are required to work remotely.
4) Where an on-site presence is necessary, the head of the unit shall organise and designate the persons on duty. Remote workers during working hours perform their duties according to the instructions of the head and are available through email.
5) All matters related to the functioning of the university, including reporting and financial obligations, such as salaries and scholarships, are implemented according to the schedules.
6) Non-financial documents requiring signatures should be sent as scans (PDF) or photographs (JPG) to the e-mail address of the unit/section or staff member of the relevant unit/section until further notice. Please ensure that the necessary signatures and stamps are legible. Paper versions of these documents should be sent in accordance with current rules.
7) Paper documents should be sent only by internal mail through the General Registry.
8) Entrances to the University buildings are reduced to the necessary minimum.
9) Deans of faculties, directors of institutes, director of Branch in Vilnius, as well as heads of UwB units are obliged to organize the functioning of their units according to the above principles.
10) I oblige all employees to follow further communications concerning the functioning of the University of Bialystok on the home page uwb.edu.pl.
Rector’s Announcement on the launch of remote learning, 14.03.2020
The Announcement refers to education at first-cycle, second-cycle, master's, doctoral and doctoral schools, as well as courses and trainings organised within the university, post-graduate studies and other forms of education.
In connection with the recommendation of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, His Magnificence the Rector of the University of Bialystok prof. dr hab. Robert W. Ciborowski recommends that, during the period of suspension of classes at the university, lectures, seminars, proseminars, conversions, and graduation studios should be carried out in the form of remote education.
If possible, forms of remote learning can also be provided for exercises, laboratory classes and lectures.
The basic tool for the implementation of remote education in UwB should be the Blackboard e-learning platform, but other possibilities indicated by the instructors are also acceptable.
The decision as to which classes and forms of remote learning will be provided is made by deans of faculties/ directors of institutes, in consultation with the instructors. Information about the form and timing of classes should be provided to students through the USOS system. Deans of faculties/directors of institutes supervise the proper implementation of remote forms of education, including the provision of materials appropriate to the form of classes. The participation of students in remote forms of education is monitored by the tutors.
Classes that cannot take place in the form of remote learning will be recuperated when it is possible to return to normal. Classes currently being implemented in the form of e-learning can be continued.